• 3 zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 500g lean ground beef
• 1/2 cup chopped brown onion
• 1/2 cup chopped red capsicum
• 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 jar of bolognese sauce
• 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees, Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. With a spoon, scoop middle out of zucchini halves and set aside .
2. In a medium frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat and saute ground beef, onion, and capsicum for 6-8 minutes, or until beef is no longer pink. Stir any other vegetables you wish to add, Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, black pepper, and bolognese sauce, and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until tender.
3. Stuff zucchini shells evenly with meat mixture, spoon remaining tomato sauce evenly over zucchini, and place on baking sheet. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
4. Remove foil and top evenly with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes more, or until zucchini are tender and cheese is melted.