SUGAR FREE BROWNIES – KETO + LOW CARB
• 5 eggs
• 1/3 cup extra virgin coconut oil , melted or melted butter
• 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
• 1/3 cup coconut flour
• 1/4 cup almond meal or almond flour
• 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• ½ cup Sugar free Crystal Sweetner – Monk Fruit or erythritol or xylitol
• ½ cup sugar free chocolate chips or chopped pecan or a mix of both
• 1/3 cup sugar free chocolate chips
• 1 teaspoon extra virgin coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 180 C
2. Cover a brownie square pan 9 inches (22 cm) with baking paper. Set aside.
3. In a bowl whisk together the eggs, melted coconut oil (make sure it is not hot or it will cook the eggs!) and vanilla essence. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, combine coconut flour, almond meal, unsweetened cocoa powder, sugar free sweetener and baking soda.
5. Transfer the wet ingredients into the dry. Stir in to evenly combine.
6. Stir in the sugar free chocolate chips or chopped nuts.
7. Transfer the batter into the prepared brownie pan and spread evenly the brownie batter with the back of a spoon.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes max. Don’t over bake to keep the brownies moist and fudgy. You know it is cooked when the top of the brownie is set.
9. Cool down in the pan for 10 minutes then lift out the parchment paper to release the brownie from the pan and transfer to a cooling rack.
10. Cool for 20 minutes, then lace your brownie in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE (optional)
1. In a small mixing bowl, add sugar free chocolate chips and coconut oil.
2. Melt in the microwave by 30 seconds burst, stir and repeat until fully melted.
3. Drizzle on top of your brownie.
4. Store the brownie in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the pantry for up to 3 days. I recommend you place the brownie in a cake box to avoid it to dry out.
5. Serve with coconut cream, unsweetened desiccated coconut or plain.