Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Kiev’s
4 boneless chicken breasts, 600g
8 slices ham
200g fresh spinach
120g feta cheese, crumbled
2 tbsp. pine nuts
Rocket and watercress
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. red wine vinegar for salad dressing
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven at 180°C.
2. Toast the pine nuts in a saucepan on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes and place aside.
3. Throw the spinach into a saucepan and cook for 2-3 minutes until it wilts, stirring regularly. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly. Drain the spinach and squeeze as much excess liquid out as possible in a colander or by hand.
4. Use a large knife to coarsely chop the spinach, and transfer to a small bowl. Add in the feta and pine nuts and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Cut a small pocket in the side of each chicken breast. Spoon the spinach mixture into each pocket. Wrap 2 slices of ham around each one to enclose the filling.
6. Place the chicken on a baking tray and pop in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
7. Mix the olive oil and red wine vinegar in a small bowl/jug and pour it on the rocket and watercress.
8. To serve, put 2 Kievs on a dinner plate alongside the dressed rocket and watercress