Chicken Pesto Pasta
• Approx. 400g boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 1 can reduced-sodium chicken broth
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 cup uncooked spiral pasta
• 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
• 1 cup frozen peas
• 1/2 cup prepared pesto
• 1/2 cup of sundried tomatoes
• Toss chicken with seasoning blend. In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown evenly; remove from pan.
• In same pan, combine broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in pasta; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
• Add broccoli; cook, covered, 5 minutes. Return chicken to pan; cook, covered, until pasta is tender and chicken is no longer pink, 2-3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Add peas; heat through. Stir in pesto and sundried tomatoes.
1 cup: 404 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 646mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein.