Zucchini and Beef Lasagna
• 500g ground beef
• 2 medium zucchini
• 1 brown onion
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 chili
• 3 tomatoes
• 5½ oz. mushrooms
• ½ cube chicken stock cube
• ½ cup shredded low-fat mozzarella
• ½ red capsicum
• 1 tsp. dried thyme
• 1 tsp. dried basil
• Salt & pepper
• Cooking spray
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190C.
2. Cut the zucchini into 1cm slices. Sprinkle lightly with salt and set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Blot the zucchini slices with a paper towel and grill them in the oven for 3 minutes at high heat.
4. After grilling, place the zucchini on paper towels
5. Cut off the ends of the tomatoes and make an X insertion on top. Place in boiling water for a few minutes. Pour cold water over, and peel off the skin.
6. Roughly chop onions, garlic, chili, peeled tomatoes, and mushrooms.
7. Add some cooking spray to a deep pan and fry the garlic, onion and chili for 1 min.
8. Cook the beef in the same frypan until lightly browned.
9. Add the vegetables into the fry pan with the chicken stock and remaining spices until cooked and then let simmer for 10 minutes over low heat.
10. Line a small baking tray with parchment paper and use 1/3 of the zucchini to make a layer in the bottom. Put 1/3 of the meat sauce on top. Add another layer of zucchini and continue like this until you’re out of sauce and zucchini
11. Spread shredded mozzarella on top and bake for 35 minutes
12. Take the lasagna out of the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.